In case you haven’t heard, April is now dubbed “Earth Month” in celebration of Earth Day which is April 22nd. Implement these easy earth friendly ideas into your Easter clean up.
- Save all the plastic eggs collected during Easter egg hunts for next year. Your kids will love to hang them on the tree next spring.You could even surprise them with a winter egg hunt during a snow storm
- Dump the plastic Easter basket grass into a bag and store it in an Easter basket for next year’s celebration. There is no reason to buy Easter grass year after year.
- Donate the excess Easter baskets, stuffed animals and toys to Goodwill (crafters always look there for deals!) or give away via Freecycle or craigslist. This avoids landfill waste.
- Check with your local church or synagogue. Many places collect unwanted wrapped candy for their volunteers to take to the local soup kitchen.
- Finally, enjoy the Easter plants for years to come! When appropriate, plant outside.
As always, involve your kids! They are learning lots of earth friendly ideas at school and they will be impressed with your initiatives!
What other ways can you think to reduce/reuse/recycle your Easter items? Share your thoughts with us!
Any questions at all, please visit us at www.BaptismalGownsPlus.com or contact us at Support@BaptismalGownsPlus.com.